The countdown begins for the 95th edition of the Oscars which is celebrated on March 12. The nominations are led by Everything at once everywhere who tops the list with eleven nominations.
The last Oscar Awards gala was marked by the slap of Will Smith to Chris Rock in an appointment in which the film CODA triumphed, getting the best film award. We will have to wait to see who takes the stage of the dolby theater from Los Angeles, California).
Throughout the history of these awards, thousands of actors and actresses have been known who have achieved the most desired statuette in the sector. Some have been more fortunate and have managed to lift this award on more than one occasion. Who have been those who have achieved it?
The actors and actresses with the most Oscars
The actors who have won the most Oscars in male category are:
- Daniel Day-Lewis. He has won three statuettes for My left Foot (1989), wells of ambition (2007) and lincoln (2012)
- walter brennan. He has managed to lift the award three times for rivals (1935), Kentucky (1938) and The foreigner (1940).
- Jack Nicholson. She has three statuettes for her performance in Some one flies over the cuco’s nidus (1975), Better… impossible (1997) and by the strength of affection (1983)
The list is completed with two Oscars for the actors Marlon Brando with the law of silence (1954) and The Godfather (1972), Tom Hanks with Philadelphia (1993) and Forrest Gump (1994) and Dustin Hoffmann by Kramer vs. Kramer (1979) and rainman (1988).
On the other hand, in the female categorythese are the actresses who have the most Oscar Awards in their possession:
- Katharine Hepburn. The actress has won the statuette four times with glory for a day (1933), Guess who is coming for dinner tonight (1967), The lion in winter (1968) and in the golden pool (1981).
- meryl streep. He has three awards for Kramer vs. Kramer (1980), Sophie’s decision (1984) and The woman of iron (2012).
- Frances McDormand. In her career, she has won three Oscars for Fargo (nineteen ninety six), Three ads outside (2016) and nomad land (2021)
- Ingrid Bergmann. The Swedish woman has lifted this award three times with dying light (1945), anastasia (1957), and Murder on the Orient Express (1974).