Early in the day, the spokeswoman for Meghan Markle and Prince Harry reported that the couple had suffered, last night, an alleged “almost catastrophic car chase” for Midtown Manhattan. The couple was accompanied by Doria Garland, mother of the duchess, the three attended the gala “Ms. Foundation for Women” at the Ziegfeld Ballroom on W. 54th St., Midtown Manhattan.
However, today the version behind the events is changing by leaps and bounds, thanks to the statements of the police officers involved, to which is also added that of the taxi driver who was driving the Dukes of Sussex.
The couple’s spokeswoman assured that the pursuit lasted about two hours and generated “almost two collisions.” version of sukhcharn singh, the taxi driver, is far from the information previously shared. According to him, “he would not classify the incident as persecution and added that he felt safe during the journey,” he told The Washington Post.
Singh, known as “Sunny”, did imply that the moment was stressful because during the journey a garbage truck blocked their way and that’s when the paparazzi got very close to the vehicle and began taking pictures. However, he admits that the security guard accompanying the couple was concerned that many more reporters would become aware of their location.For this reason, and following his instructions, they returned to the starting point. He for his part emphasizes that he never really felt insecure.
“Sunny” shared statements with AP and said that he would not qualify this situation as persecution. He also said that they had to pay him $17 for the tour and, in addition to thanking him, they left him a $50 tip. It is worth adding that the couple attended said event because the foundation was honoring Meghan with the “Women of Vision” award..
Police officers, on the other hand, described the situation as a “bit chaotic” but not “catastrophic.” Julian Philips, deputy commissioner of the New York Police Department, responded that the agents “assisted the private security team that was protecting the Duke and Duchess of Sussex,” according to Yahoo News.
The deputy commissioner said that indeed there were many photographers which made it difficult to transport the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, “but that they arrived at their destination and at no time were any collisions, citations, injuries or arrests reported in this regard,” he added.
Before the statements of the spokeswoman for the Dukes of Sussex, the alarms of the world were unleashed. The British royal family has experienced firsthand a true catastrophe due to a vehicular chase. Recall that on August 31, 1997, Princess Diana lost her life after a paparazzi chase in the streets of Paris. Lady Di lost her life hours after the tragic accident, due to the serious internal injuries she suffered.
Keep reading more about the Dukes of Sussex here:
· They confirm that Prince Harry will attend the coronation of King Charles III, but without Meghan Markle
· Harry and Meghan Markle baptized their daughter Lilibet in privacy
· Prince Harry and Meghan Markle fled to the NYPD police station by “very aggressive paparazzi” in the style of the tragedy of their mother Lady Di; Mayor Adams Investigates
#Police #involved #pursuit #Prince #Harry #Meghan #question #version #events