Angelina Jolie “sought to harm” Brad Pitt when she sold her stake in vineyards to an oligarch

0



Angelina Jolie “sought to harm” her ex-husband Brad Pitt by selling her stake in his co-owned vineyard to a Russian oligarch, new legal documents claim.

The sale allegedly helped launch a “hostile” takeover of the wine business the actor had “carefully constructed” and forced him into partnership with “a stranger with poisonous associations and intentions.”

The former Hollywood couple bought a majority stake in Chateau Miraval SA, a French company comprising a home and vineyard in the south of France, in 2008.

The star’s lawyers Fight Club they said that under her direction, the business had become a “multi-million dollar international success story”, even though Jolie had “contributed nothing”.

According to the suit, Jolie sold her stake to a Luxembourg-based liquor manufacturer controlled by Russian oligarch Yuri Shefler, without Pitt’s knowledge.

The former Hollywood couple bought a majority stake in Chateau Miraval SA, a French company comprising a home and vineyard in the south of France, in 2008

(PA Archive)

“Through the alleged sale, Jolie sought to harm Pitt,” say documents filed last week that were obtained by the PA news agency.

“Jolie knew and intended Shefler and his affiliates to attempt to control the business Pitt had built and undermine Pitt’s investment in Miraval,” the documents said.

The Miraval estate is located in the town of Correns, in southeastern France, and the couple bought it for around €25 million ($26.75 million).

According to legal documents obtained by the PA news agency, Pitt contributed 60 percent of the purchase price and Jolie paid the remaining 40 percent.

The lawyers also said the wine business on the property continues to flourish and “although she benefited from Miraval’s success, Jolie was not involved in these efforts.”

She filed for divorce in 2016.

Jolie reportedly informed Pitt of her decision to sell Shefler in January 2021, saying she had made a “painful decision, with a heavy heart.”

Pitt’s attorneys have requested a jury trial.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here