Photo: Scott Olson/Getty Images
A 13-year-old Georgia boy suffered a stroke with permanent damage after allegedly being pressured by bullies to smoke a fentanyl-laced vapeaccording to reports.
Zachary Corona, of Dalton City, had to be rushed to the hospital after his 12-year-old sister found him unconscious in a recliner in their bedroom at 6 p.m. later this year, Lynda Amos said, his mother, speaking to Fox News.
“She thought he was joking at first”, Amos told Fox & Friends. “Sometimes he would tease her, and she would try to wake him up, and he wouldn’t wake up from her and she would tickle him and he would wake up and jump up and scare her.”
The mother of five was also unable to wake him, and called 911. The boy was arrested when he arrived at the hospital, but was able to be revived by his doctors.
When her clothing was cut, they found a vaporizer in her underwear that tested positive for phencyclidine (PCP) and marijuana, according to a police incident obtained by Fox News. The vape and the boy’s blood also tested positive for fentanyl, Amos said.
Corona was in a medically induced coma for three weeks, and the doctors told Amos that he may never wake up.
However, Corona was able to wake up, something that made the mother fill with joy: “I was happy and crying at the same time. It was as if he was saying the first words of her again.
Despite waking up, Corona suffered permanent brain damage, and should have a long road to recovery, so he was transported to a rehabilitation center.
“He’s starting to try to walk again”, declared the mother, but said that she still does not have movement in her left arm, and she believes that she will not recover movement. The woman said that she lost sight in her right eye.
Meanwhile, a spokeswoman for the Whifield County Sheriff’s Office said there is an active investigation. So far it is not known if any arrests have been made.
With information from foxnews
• 7 dead in 43 overdoses in and near bars in New York: fentanyl mixed with other drugs
• Mother who died of a cocaine mixed with fentanyl overdose in New Jersey would have been playing Russian roulette
• Hispanic suspect in fentanyl overdose death in Manhattan gay bars turned himself in to police, two more remain at large
#13yearold #boy #suffers #stroke #pressured #bullies #smoke #fentanyllaced #vape #Georgia